EAST OVERALL (Rashidi)
EAST OVERALL (2K Insider)
77 Wizards - this is a Wizard team minus Arenas, mind you.
76 Celtics - Celtics w/o Garnett are worse than Arenas-less Wizards?
74 Nets - Aren't they the league's worst team?
73 Magic - 2K decided to injure Vince Carter and remove him from the lineup. Vince Carter played tonight.
EAST SRS RATINGS (Real Life)
5.97 Cavaliers (Rashidi 1st - Insider 3rd)
5.38 Celtics (Rashidi 3rd - Insider 8th)
5.35 Hawks (Rashidi 2nd - Insider 1st)
4.18 Magic (Rashidi 4th - Insider 11th)
1.12 Bobcats (Rashidi 8th - Insider 9th)
0.93 Heat (Rashidi 5th - Insider 2nd)
-0.95 Raptors (Rashidi 13th - Insider 13th)
-1.58 Bucks (Rashidi 9th - Insider 15th)
-1.85 Knicks (Rashidi 10th - Insider 6th)
-3.16 Bulls (Rashidi 6th - Insider 5th)
-3.27 Sixers (Rashidi 7th - Insider 4th)
-3.68 Wizards (Rashidi 11th - Insider 7th)
-4.53 Pistons (Rashidi 12th - Insider 12th)
-5.94 Pacers (Rashidi 15th - Insider 14th)
-11.37 Nets (Rashidi 14th - Insider 10th)
As a resident New Yorker, I think it's safe to say my grasp on the east coast is much firmer than the California kid over there.
WEST OVERALL (Rashidi)
WEST OVERALL (2K Insider)
85 Grizzlies - ROFL
69 Kings - Haven't we long established they aren't the worst in the league?
WEST SRS RATINGS (Real Life)
6.77 Lakers (Rashidi 1st - Insider 1st)
5.24 Spurs (Rashidi 3rd - Insider 4th)
4.49 Nuggets (Rashidi 2nd - Insider 2nd)
4.02 Jazz (Rashidi 7th - Insider 8th)
3.32 Thunder (Rashidi 6th - Insider 7th)
3.17 Blazers (Rashidi 11th - Insider 12th)
2.97 Mavericks (Rashidi 5th - Insider 5th)
2.32 Suns (Rashidi 10th - Insider 9th)
1.00 Rockets (Rashidi 4th - Insider 6th)
0.11 Grizzlies (Rashidi 9th - Insider 3rd)
-1.95 Hornets (Rashidi 8th - Insider 11th)
-2.66 Kings (Rashidi 13th - Insider 15th)
-2.72 Clippers (Rashidi 12th - Insider 10th)
-4.01 Warriors (Rashidi 15th - Insider 14th)
-9.30 Wolves (Rashidi 14th, Insider 13th)
I hold the edge over 2K Sports across the entire board with the exception of two teams - the Rockets and Hornets.
With all that said, my rosters are far from perfect (though they are much closer to it). Five things that could make them better...
1. The Blazers need some attention paid to them. I normally am on top of the Blazers every year but I've admittedly focused on other teams this year since they've been wracked with injuries. Martell Webster, Andre Miller, even Juwan Howard need boosts.
2. While I don't have Trevor Ariza all that high (76 compared to 2K's 79), it may be time to decrease him again.
3. Continue dropping the Nets. They are the worst team by far and the only team that comes close are the Wolves. The sad thing is 2K keeps boosting the Nets! Brook Lopez, Yi Jianlian, and even Jarvis Hayes all saw big jumps in recent updates. On my end, dropping Courtney Lee is probably the key.
4. Boost them Raptors up. Jarrett Jack has been playing well. Demar DeRozan is very underrated at only 64 overall (his rating in particular is what seems to drag the team down most).
5. I need to finish the Jazz. I have yet to edit Okur, Kirilenko, Korver, or Price, while Matthews is a bit underrated at 62. That would seemingly take care of them being slightly underrated.
Well, looks like I have my goals for the week!